Pages

Sunday 18 May 2014

Had a stroke?

So have I!- Threeweeks ago and I'm learning hope to cope, fast.

I'm  very disappointed by the lack of support there appears to be avalable.

What haveyou found? Do you wan't to join forces?

I've found that Lynn Jones of Kendal has been brilliant but beyond this there seems very little help .


After threeweeks I still haven't had any physiotherapy despite going to my doctor and asking for help and having been discharged from Ward 6 of Furness General on the 1st threeweeks ago.nearly three weeks ago.


Steve the occupational therapist is brilliant and has come round to check that I've got rails in my house- he gave me some valuable tips.

At last I've got an appointment with the Crosslands day Centre for the 28th May which is a full month without any guidance from a Neuro Physio. I guess there's not much help available.

I'm up and about and walking with care asmy balance is affectedand I'm making up exercises for my arms I'mtrying hard to learn to grasp things but haven't a clue how to train my fingers to let go!

Am I right in thinking that I need to get my muscles working as soon as possible ?

     Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Are you interested in forming a group here in Ulverston?I've got a house in the Gill that is available. contact meby phone using 01229 480 347or email me :gd at tygh.co.uk

It's good to talk!

No comments:

Post a Comment